New top story on Hacker News: Hammer Looking for a Nail, AI Drone Looking for Business Case

Hammer Looking for a Nail, AI Drone Looking for Business Case
7 by maxwelllwang | 7 comments on Hacker News.
I’ve fulfilled my duty to Roko's basilisk. I made an Aerial Intelligence system, and I call it Dispatcher. Jarvis on a drone, skynet, or compute token eater, its basically a drone you don't have to fly because it understands and takes action based on the world around it. Video of me “flying” the drone while I drive and rant about 3DR https://youtu.be/4MGjsrUMLZk Watch it respond to an actual structure fire (DFR 3.0) https://youtu.be/v2dUJp2U_LY Although its a regulatory nightmare I think this is what Drones as a First Responder will look like in 5-10 years. Officers have on-demand air support they can talk to like a police helicopter. Quick shareable describing features https://youtu.be/DKVhVG7Fm84 I see many obstacles in the way to making this MVP into a product. There are plenty of use cases but no path to market. The liability and regulatory implications of a unmanned system making autonomous decisions while flying over people and properties seems insurmountable. It relies on off-the-shelf hardware that cannot compete with DJI’s. The drone has a lot of onboard compute and has unlimited range thanks to 5G, and the control interface is well abstracted so you could integrate any web UI, REST, mobile app, or even normal phone calling, but still relies on really beefy cloud compute for the Multi-Modal model. The current C2 UI is web based so I've been sending people links and they've been flying the drone from different timezones. I could see this as a very powerful integration into existing UAV systems such as Andruil’s Lattice, Skydio DFR command, Brinc’s DFR solution, etc; but as a standalone product it would have a difficult time finding PMF. I’m looking for partnerships, potential integrations, or a co-founder to take this to market. If you have any interest in the project please reach out, I’m happy to give demos.

No comments:

Post a Comment