New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Python Metrics Library

Ask HN: Python Metrics Library
11 by 1gnition | 2 comments on Hacker News.
Coming from Java/Scala background, I am used to libraries that provide vendor agnostic APIs, such as micrometer.io, Dropwizard, etc., where you can plug-in different monitoring backends: AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, Prometheus, etc., without changing the code. Right now I want to add metrics to my Python application but I don't find any metrics library that does that. OpenTelemetry is not an option because it's not what I'm looking for: you need to setup Agents, Gateways, Collectors, etc., and in addition, their CloudWatch exporter is only EMF which is not what I need. I've found one library which is "pymetrics" [1], which looks promising but it's in the beginning of its way, it has not much adoption, and it has only a few monitoring backends out-of-the-box. What's left for me is to couple my code to the monitoring system I use, which means code changes whenever we want to migrate to another monitoring system. Am I missing something? [1] https://ift.tt/LwZlfoT

No comments:

Post a Comment